Must be a Spanish native speaker or must be a Mandarin Chinese native speaker.
Bachelor’s ECE or related field preferred; Associate’s Degree with over 8 years’ experience may be considered.
Work with children between the ages of 2.5 to 7 years for
Willing and able to pursue higher education in accordance with NAEYC, and state guidelines for ECE teachers.
Current First-Aid and CPR certification
Evidence of Negative TB, physical exam, and MMR verification
The goal of teachers at Jump! Immersion School is to provide language immersion in a warm, nurturing, safe, and loving environment.We leverage a differentiation learning approach to ensure that each child reaches their fullest potential!To this end the specific responsibilities included, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with Mandarin Chinese or Spanish Program Director to develop lesson plans
- Protects the safety of all children in the center
- Directly supervises children at all times
- Communicate appropriately and professionally with fellow staff and parents
- Assemble portfolios documenting student progress
- Uses positive phrasing with children
- Communicates frequently with children throughout the day, naming objects, actions, using who, what, when, where. and why, and open ended questions
- Exhibits behavior management consistent with Jump! Immersion School philosophy, including reflecting children’s feelings, approaching children to speak with them, directing comments toward children’s behavior, not at the children themselves, etc
- Treats each child with dignity and respect, recognizing the cultural and socio-economic diversity of the population
- Responds to the individual needs and learning styles of children
- Responds to children in distress promptly and appropriately
- Is responsible for all mealtime activities of the group. Helps children serve themselves family-style and sits with children; monitors children closely during meals