English Teacher - Part Time
Join the Jump! Immersion School team!
Jump! Immersion School feels that immersion is for everyone! We are a language immersion school dedicated to preparing children both academically and linguistically for future success in a Global environment.
Jump! Immersion School offers two teaching tracks. All teachers must speak their target language in the classroom. We are currently looking for a Preschool/First Grade English Teacher.
The Jump! Immersion Preschool teacher is responsible for implementing daily lesson planning, executing positive classroom management and ensuring a nourishing and safe environment. The teacher will foster those young children for intellectual and social development aligned with our school curriculum in the target language as well as New Jersey educational standards and the Jump! Teaching philosophy.
- Supervising children at all times and insuring the safety of all children at the center.
- Building a loving and positive rapport with students.
- Applying positive reinforcement skills consistent with JUMP! Teaching philosophy.
- Conducting daily lesson plans in language immersion with total physical response approach and engaging hands-on activities.
- Fostering development of student’s social / emotional and academic growth.
- Assessing students formally and informally to reflect the progression of their skills.
- Designing differentiated activities to accommodate every student’s learning needs.
- Employing individualized action plans to help students when applicable.
- Communicating with school staff, parents and guardians in person and via email.
- Encouraging family members involved in school events and classroom visit.
- Uses proper procedures to report suspicions of child abuse.
- Make sure proper procedures are followed for sign-in/out of children on a daily basis.
- Reports all incidents to the Supervisor, and completely fills out proper health log and/or accident/incident form.
- Takes responsibility for the quality of the supplies, equipment and materials used in the center.
- Must be organized in order to maintain an organized, safe, and clean classroom.
- Assume equal share of the regular housekeeping chores such as cleaning, preparing for daily activities, and cleaning up after projects.
- Must be a team player and assist the center when needed.
- Remains up to date on emergency procedures and family center policies.
- Attend all weekly staff meetings.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
- Use proper attire according to dress code.
- Provide assistance with toilet training if necessary according to age group assigned
KEY SKILLS COMPETENCES AND KNOWLEDGE
- Complying NJ Child care center state guidelines.
- Embracing the concept of language immersion and acquisition.
- Acknowledging of school policies and procedures.
- Implementing effective daily lesson plan.
- Being an opened communicator and motivator.
- Being proactive indecision- making and problem-solving skills.
- Working effectively and cooperatively in a team setting.
- Performing at least basic knowledge of computer skills to use email, Microsoft office, the Internet and Google Drive.
STANDARD QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
- At least 2-3 years of relevant teaching experiences with young children preferred.
- Bachelor’s Early Childhood Education or related field preferred.
- Being eligible to work in the United States.
- Passing required fingerprint and background clearance check.