The Jump! Immersion School Education Manager oversees all teaching staff including but not limited to curriculum development, lesson plan development, school programs, managing teachers, teacher training and development, I.E.P action plans, Parent education, assessments and report card supervision. Education Manager must have knowledge of immersion, total physical response, primary and elementary education and fluent in Mandarin and English.
- Master’s Degree in education, from an accredited United States university or college, or its foreign equivalent.
- Incumbents must have successful experience in working with culturally diverse families and communities, and/or have otherwise demonstrated a commitment to equity and strengthening engagement of a diverse community and skill in communicating with a diverse population
- Bilingual Mandarin skills
- Minimum of five (5) years of successful teaching experience in a target language and all core content
- Demonstrate a minimum of three (3) years of successful leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to create a safe, orderly, positive school climate for students and staff
- Ability to foster growth, creativity, and flexibility using a variety of techniques.
- Demonstrate successful experience in shared decision making, program development, staff supervision and evaluation.
- Ability to work with all internal, private, as well as local, state, and federal, educational programs and assessments.
- Knowledge and demonstrative skills in the use of technology for teaching and learning.
- Managerial skill in planning, organizing, delegating, and listening.
- Knowledge about laws, rules and regulations governing the operation of private schools.
- Knowledge of innovations in education; alternative instructional strategies, alternative assessment methods; blended instructional support; in-class support for special needs students, instruction based on student performance and decision making, peer tutoring, cooperative learning.
- Ability to serve as a first responder and react in emergency situations to include intervening and, as necessary consistent with Organization policy, restraining students.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Head Teachers / Special Teachers / Co-Teachers / After school and Saturday Teachers
- Program Coordinators
Scope of activities and time demands vary by school and grade levels.
- Student Learning and Achievement: Develops, communicates, and implements a shared vision for all students to achieve or exceed standards. Develops action plans and budget plans that are aligned with the Organization’s Strategic Plan and school improvement plan and that maintain focus on the vision, goals and priorities for student, school and community success. Develops, monitors, and reports on specific goals and actions designed to advance student achievement. Communicates progress of students and school achievement and provides required reports to Organization and community stakeholders. Communicates a shared vision that all students can learn regardless of poverty, race, academic status, social or economic status. Holds staff accountable for rigorous instruction for all students. Uses an equity lens in all aspects of student learning and achievement.
- Use of Data: Provides leadership to teachers in the development and utilization of multiple assessment tools and strategies to support the achievement of the performance standards by every student. Develops and implements the Organization’s performance measurement system to provide indicators that measure the school’s success in meeting the expectations of students. Develops action plans for gaps and shortfalls in performance. Monitors and evaluates the use of research-based best practices, curriculum materials, and assessments.
- Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment:
a) Supports the development and implementation of the Organization framework for curriculum, instruction and assessment that is research-based and aligned to standards. Assures that the approved curriculum is being effectively delivered in each classroom.
b) Provides leadership to teachers in the development of classroom-based assessments of student learning and the use of assessments to inform instruction and improve learning. Regularly adjust goals and action plans for gaps and shortfalls in performance.
c) Adopts and implements curriculum, instruction, and assessment framework evaluation tools so that annual progress is measured and effectively communicated to stakeholder groups.
- Student Support Services: Proactively develops, implements, and sustains preventative measures of comprehensive support systems with diagnostics and individual learning plans including but not limited to: intervention for gap group; counseling and discipline; family involvement and outreach; co-curricular and extra-curricular programs; and student services and support programs.
- Leadership and Governance:
a) Leads by example with a level of professional conduct that is above reproach. Consistently demonstrates high moral, ethical, and professional standards of performance and personal integrity, which includes addressing problems and issues in an open, honest, and timely manner. Ensures proper conduct goes beyond the practice of avoiding what is wrong and instead focusing on choosing to do what is right. Serves as a champion for the school and the Organization, avoiding actual or perceived behavior personally or among the staff which may cast a negative impression on the school or the Organization.
b) Creates a professional environment by assuring that personal and staff interactions with others in the school, community, and Organization are conducted with utmost respect and professionalism.
c) Honors the ideas of others even when in disagreement with those ideas. Works collaboratively to resolve disagreements and seek mutually respectful solutions.
d) Actively participates in meetings, workshops and conferences that involve decisions affecting the Organization and/or the school. Advocates for the school needs by providing input to the decision making process of the Organization. Respects, supports, and implements decisions once made, and takes action to ensure that staff are equally supportive.
e) Demonstrates a leadership commitment to, and requires all staff members to embrace and support, statutes, laws, school and board policies, collective bargaining agreements, as well as the values of the school and the Organization.
f) Provides leadership in creating and leveraging community partnerships to improve the school, enhance its resources, and improve student achievement.
g) Promotes and supports teachers’ goal setting and professional development.
h) Monitors and evaluates for effective PLCs.
i) Facilitates a school wide behavior/discipline plan where behavior expectations are clear, supported, and followed by the school community.
- Communications and Information Sharing:
a) Develops and implements a process for faculty and staff meetings that allows for timely sharing and dissemination of information as well as meaningful input to and discussion of needs and actions for effective delivery of the educational program and operation of the school.
b) Establishes an effective communication system with Organization leadership to assure knowledgeable, engaged, and active involvement of the school and to provide input to Organization and Organization initiatives.
c) Maintains effective communications with the Organization staff and Organization to keep them informed of school progress; advocates for the needs of the school; and assures timely and substantive notification of issues and concerns that could have a significant impact on achieving the vision and goals.
d) Establishes and carries out a school-community information program that creates support and enthusiasm for the school and Organization vision and mission, and keeps parents and community members informed of the schools challenges and accomplishments and involved in school activities.
e) Models and promotes trust, enthusiasm, rapport, respect and openness among faculty, staff, students, and members of the community. Celebrates successes and recognizes the achievements of others.
f) Engages families and community members as partners in efforts to promote the success of all students and respond to diverse community interests and needs.
- Human Resource Management:
a) Develops the competencies required for each staff member in order to fully meet job expectations and contribute effectively to achievement of the vision.
b) Provides effective induction of all staff members assuring that each new member understands the vision and goals of the school, duties and responsibilities of the position, performance requirements and expectations, school and corporate policies and procedures, and available support and assistance.
c) Provides, or advocates for, the professional development of all staff members based on personal, professional, and organizational needs. Collaborates with staff members on identification of needs, opportunities, sources, and methods of providing professional development. Monitors and assesses the results of professional development to assure the desired outcome.
d) Fosters self-reflection by each staff member and administrator for which assigned supervisory and evaluation responsibility. Monitors individual performance, and provides feedback and coaching to support success and continuous growth. Evaluates all staff members consistent with the approved evaluation process. Takes timely action to address performance concerns and deficiencies and provides plans of improvement and necessary support to correct performance concerns.
e) Monitors behavior and addresses all incidents or allegations of misconduct through timely and effective investigation and corrective disciplinary action consistent with legal requirements, corporate policy, and provisions of the collective bargaining agreement(s).
f) Supervises and evaluates school staff.
Sales and Recruiting
- Offer potential families tours of our facilities where curriculum, vision, school methodology are discussed and questions are answered.
- Attend back to school, information night, Chinese New Year and End of Year events
- Attend Open Houses, street events and other marketing events as needed
- Coordinate teachers and students to perform in Chinese New Year and end of year events