During the month of January we celebrated winter by making "melted snowman" slime at our Open Houses! The children LOVED this activity! We want to share the fun with you, so here's the recipe for making your own melted snowman slime.
- 3 ounces of Elmer’s Glue
- 1 ounce of Sta-Flo liquid starch
- Small bowl
- 4-ounce Glass Container
- Glitter and/or Art Sand
- Jar label & Paint Pens
- Pour the 3 ounces of Elmer’s glue into the small bowl
- Pour ½ of the Sta-Flo liquid starch into the bowl
- Use your hands and mix the glue and the starch together until the mixture is sticky (about 3-5 minutes)
- Put the mixture into the bowl and pour in the remaining starch
- Mix until the mixture feels firm and stretchy (like silly putty)
- Put back into bowl and sprinkle glitter and/or art sand onto the mixture
- Mix the glitter/sand throughout and viola; sparkly "melted" snow!
- After playing with the melted snow; place it in the container
- Put the label on and decorate with art pens