Did you know that you don't have to understand the language in order to help your child learn it? Here’s what you can do to help support your child's language learning, whether or not you speak it! (list from GreatKids):
How You Can Help:
- Help your child make time to practice.
- Have your student teach you to say something in the language every day.
- Find cultural events connected to the language and culture being studied.
- Ask the teacher for resources your child can use at home.
- Provide videos, books and music in the language.
- Look for opportunities outside the classroom, like a summer language camp
- Volunteer to organize a career day that features jobs that use skills in more than one language.
- Be an advocate.
Read the full article at the GreatKids by GreatSchools website:
Learning a second language: How parents can help»